Acre is rebuilding the UK’s £1.4 trillion mortgage market from the ground up, with a completely new end-to-end system for mortgage advisors.
Our platform cuts out the unnecessary admin, pain and friction from buying a home. We're covering the entire journey, from figuring out what you can borrow, to getting your keys. We're guided both by the voice of real home buyers and by our close relationships with brokers, lenders and insurers. We won’t stop until the process of buying, mortgaging, conveyancing, and insuring your home is affordable and completely seamless.
As an Automation Engineer, you are an integral part of our agile product development team. Your focus will be divided between manual testing, developing code, test cases, and infrastructure to help us test and deploy quality software. You’ll use your experience to help us improve our engineering practice, increase testability and code coverage, and help create a culture of preventing rather than just fixing bugs. As we move into entirely new product lines, you’ll have an outsize impact not only on our customer experience, but also in carrying these techniques forward throughout our growing team.
As our Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of developing our test automation systems and acting as a subject matter expert in the team for tests and test infrastructure.
- Manually testing various flows and edge cases.
- Write reusable and extensible tests which can evolve with the product at the unit and integration levels.
- Using your knowledge to help the product development team build processes and feature specifications that will ensure our end users experience a high-quality, usable, secure, and reliable product.
- Communicating the what, how, and why of our strategy for ensuring quality to your team and external development partners.
- Designing and building prototypes and experiments that can validate and improve our system architecture and eliminate gaps in our test approach.
- Working with your team to continually improve the development process, with a view to end-to-end quality.
- Coaching, leading, and growing a quality mindset in the whole team.
- Quantifying everything.
- Trust but verify.
- Helping develop the people in our team, and their understanding of testing and test-driven development.
As our Automation Engineer, you will possess the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Real-world knowledge and experience with software quality and testing.
- A degree in a technical discipline.
- Ability to read and write code.
- Passion for shipping products customers love.
- Know how to analyse and debug HTTP exchanges.
- An understanding of how Single Page Applications (ideally React) work.
- Embrace uncertainty and constantly challenge yourself and your team to improve.
- Have an eye for how to break things, and a healthy skepticism that sniffs out what might go wrong.
- Know how security, performance, usability, and scaling all contribute to quality.
- Believe in explicit communication.
What we offer:
- Chance to make an impact within a fully funded, early-stage Fintech start-up in a unique position to make a difference to the mortgage market.
- Private healthcare, a cash plan, pension contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Vibrant office in Central London with monthly social events.
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better, then we’d love to hear from you.
Our hiring process
If you’re ambitious and want to make a difference to the mortgage market, join us. We’re a fully funded, early-stage Fintech start-up in a unique position to make an impact.
Get in touch
Whether you’re in dev or design, marketing or management, if you see a job that makes you go “I’m perfect for that role”, we’d love to hear from you. Fire over your application and our team will get in touch if you’re a good fit.(We usually get back in a few days. Nobody likes an agonising wait.)
If we like what we see, we’ll set up a quick, very informal chat to talk about your work experience, skills, and really just get to know you a bit better. Feel free to come armed with loads of questions!
Put your skills on show
After that, we'll usually ask you to complete a short task. Don’t sweat this part, we just want to see how you approach projects and solve problems.
Meet your future colleagues
Once you’ve smashed your task, we'll set up one last interview with your future colleagues and senior leadership. There we’ll chat through your task or technical exercise and talk in a bit more detail about the role you’re applying for.
Pop that cork!
Boom! Sign those dotted lines, give everybody the highest of fives and update your LinkedIn profile because it’s time to start helping us rewrite the rules of the mortgage industry. We can’t wait for you to join us.
Acre simplifies home-buying
Brokers are an important part of getting the best deal on your mortgage and insurance, and they help you navigate the process of buying a home. However, they’re often limited by tools that are outdated. These tools don't use existing customer data, so you have to constantly provide the same information over and over again.
We make the process easier by:
Putting users first
We’ve designed our platform around the users it serves. By putting home buyers and brokers at the heart of its design, Acre is building the best home buying experience in the market.
There’s an unchangeable ledger of all actions so things are never out of sync. The requirements, documents, and rules change to match the product being sold, so there’s never any wasted energy.
Protection, home insurance, and conveyancing, are all included in the journey. And if a client decides later on they want to buy one of these through their broker, they won’t need to start the advice process over again in a new tool.
What’s it like to work at Acre?
Want to know what the day-to-day is like? Hear it straight from the team.
At Acre Platforms, we are committed to creating an enjoyable and fulfilling work environment for all of our team members. That's why we offer a variety of company perks to help make your time at Acre as enjoyable as possible. Some of the perks you can expect when joining our team include:
At Acre, We believe in sharing the success of the company with our team members. That's why we offer employee share options through an EMI Option Scheme so everyone has a direct stake.
Remote work options
Flexible working hours and remote work options for employees to balance work and personal life.
Automatic enrolment to our Aviva pension scheme and we’ll match up to 4% contributions, but of course you can pay as much in as you’d like.
Learn on the job
Get access to Pluralsight as soon as you join, plus regular lunch & learns on everything from tech to design to business. And, if you want, you can join us at events and meetups too.
Relax knowing you have access to Bupa private medical insurance and a medical cash plan for added security.
Home office budget
We offer a generous home office budget to help our employees create a comfortable and productive work environment.
All work and no play isn't the way here. Our monthly socials could be anything from darts to shows to poker. You’ll also find we love a lunch and pub outing too!
Cycle to work scheme
Save the planet, get some exercise and avoid the dreaded rush hour tube by spreading the cost of a new bike with our cycle to work scheme.
Can’t see the right role? Get in touch to see where your skills fit best!